Starcounter.VisualStudio 3.0.0 is now available in VS MarketplaceFebruary 9, 2018 12:30 pm Leave your thoughts
Now, the same Starcounter Visual Studio extension can be used to develop applications targeting both Starcounter
2.4.x. It has separate project templates for both the versions.
Starcounter 2.3 should target
.NET Framework 4.5 and
Starcounter 2.4 should target
.NET Framework 4.6.1. So you need to choose the .Net Framework version that’s applicable to your installed version.
Creating a new project.
- Open Visual Studio.
- Go to
File → New → Project.
- As explained above, choose the relevant .NET Framework version from the dropdown. If you have
Starcounter 2.3installed, choose
.NET Framework 4.5:
- The relevant project templates will appear.
- Choose the type of project that you want to create.
- Compile the project by pressing the start button in Visual Studio or
What happens if the wrong .NET Framework is chosen
If you have accidentally chosen the wrong version of .NET Framework in step 3, the project will not compile due to missing references. You can edit your
*.csproj file to get it running by following posts.
- Create a Starcounter App with Standard Templates – 2.3
- Create a Starcounter App with Standard Templates – 2.4
Categorised in: Development
This post was written by Muhammad Iqbal